View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
insert Thasaidon's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
I suggeted something similar but Kovid did not think the idea was worth pursuing. I made the suggestion because I convert books for a number of different devices for family and friends and it would be easier to choose the the settings for "my sister who has a Sony" rather than " my friend who has a Kindle". There is a messy way to do it discussed in another thread. I will try to find it and post the link.

Found it - please see below
Thasaidon - your link is Error 404

I like the idea The Ducks has given us, what about you ?

Found it ===>>> Multiple conversion settings feature request

I envisage I'll end up with about 30 Conversion Settings, the idea of copying things in and out of the Calibre config directory and starting & stopping Calibre would drive me banana's and be ultra-prone to me making mistakes.

"We" get told by the Calibre guru's not to access the Library folders which Calibre, on Windows at least, puts in the users Documents folder. The conversions folder is in Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\calibre\; if the the gurus knew I was messy around in there, they'd send in the drones

If it was small number of settings and occasional use then it would be OK, but I have several thousand documents I want to convert.

I really don't want to process my source documents in batches according to the Conversion Settings they will use. I want to process them by subject and date, irrespective of original source, format or style (which are the Conversion settings determinants). Otherwise nothing will be finished until everything is finished

I've put a post into the Plugins suggestions box regarding this request. I thought The Ducks Borrow idea might be amenable to being done in a plugin.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-31-2012 at 02:17 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote