Quick Readable US Weather Forecasts
My August 2011 weather tip began failing in June 2012, because the National Weather Service changed the link mobile.weather.gov to -- and I just figured this out tonight -- cell.weather.gov. So, for classic eInk-friendly US weather forcasts, we now can:
1. Navigate to cell.weather.gov, via Robin Gardner's readingthenet.com, by entering this url:
2. Enter your zip code in the first entry block and click on Go.
3. Navigate down to, and click on:
Detailed 7-day Forecast
The rest is for the benefit of newbies:
4. When the forecast is returned, press Menu and then save with "Bookmark this Page."
5. To give a clearly understandable bookmark name, press Menu again to go to Bookmarks.
6. To get to your new bookmark, you may have to go down one page, as in a book.
7. When your new and ill-named bookmark is underlined, press the right side of the five-way.
8. Press the center of the five-way and type in "My Home Town Weather" or similar.