View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have had similiar problems and coincidentally or not they often occurred after updating my mothers kindle

For some reason the plugboard that embeds epub metadata with series info etc. does not seem to work.

Maybe this is not the cause, but I check this by dragging a book from the T1 to calibre library and checking the metadata in the viewer and in every case the metadata has not been changed by the plugboard that embeds metadata into the epub file. So I struggle with the plugboard and end up with the same one miraculously working again.
(The 350 and 600 are fine as they do not go into random rescanning like the T1)

Two things I have found (in my experience only)
If you shut down the computer before disconnecting, the T1 will not rescan and the metadata db plugboard will prevail.

If you use a custom column to create collections from, sorting by series on the T1 is almost nonexistent regardless of embedded metadata.

The jackie_w plugboards are pretty awesome, as is calibre, and the supberb supportfor Sony readers.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote