View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Not to offend participating writers here, but it has struck me that aspiring writers seem to think (summarizing the behavior of randomly met students at my university) that as long as they behave (or become, depending on how well they've internalized (affected) the perceived-required personality traits at that point) narcissistic(ally) enough, the talent will somehow follow
i don't know if that is because of the hero cult surrounding "artistry" that originated in Romanticism, or because writers need to "believe in the merits of their own thought(s)", but i can say the two seem to go hand in hand with quite a few of them.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote