View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #85
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I'm amazed by how many people around here apparently have more experience in mass production, marketing and support of custom hardware than Google or Amazon.

How did you come by this $2 figure? Did you count driver development, software integration and testing, user support, failure rates?

The current tablets without SD slots cost about $50 less than tablets with them. Of course that's not reflective of actual cost, or even only about the SD slot, but it IS reflective of a (successful) marketing plan, and product differentiation, and I doubt anyone's posting of "only $2" on the Internet will have much sway.

No one foolish. Those of us smart enough to understand our own needs, smart enough save money where appropriate, and smart enough to ignore insulting blowhards who think they know better. I apparently am only smart enough for the first two.
Not saying you're wrong, but if you are bashing the $2 figure because it has no backing and offering a $50 figure instead, maybe you should offer some backing for your figure.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote