Originally Posted by kiwidude
@mumdigau - look at the post just before yours - I released a new version just for you...
Wow! 'Sort by 'Original Series Names' worked like a charm, just moved 2655 books into a new series within 2 minutes or so!
1. I got a RuntimeError ('maximum recursion depth exceeded') as soon as I selected more than 12 series. I think it's some issue within Calibre, because your Plugin was not yet in play. So I did it in two steps: First joined 12 series at a time, then joined the 12-series into the final one.
2. As I noticed the new series name is preset by the Plugin to the name of the 1st series selected. On one join, I missed to give a new name to the new series, the old series got overridden. That might cause problems, so I think it's better to leave the new series name field empty thus forcing the user to explicitely give a name to the new series.