View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #70
kg3
Evangelist
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-Are you talking about the instructions by plib? There are plib's main instructions and many other instructions and screen shots and advice, etc. on all the different Bundle threads. When I first started getting Bundles, I asked someone if I had to have a separate email for each separate Bundle code I request. Their response to me was: "I use just one email that I PM for all the Bundle codes I request" and they had done it more than 5 times. There has been some confusing info. given about different aspects of all this on all the different threads. But, it boils down to this (I believe) about the Email question:

-Email #1 = only used for registration at Baen (and can be you regular personal email), and use it for logging in to Baen to use Bundle Codes received at Email #2

-Email #2 = only used to Receive Bundle Certificates/Codes, you PM this to Mobileread members and request codes for Bundles.

-Email #3 = possibly optional (though I do this), used when you are the last person in the chain for a particular Bundle and you put this Email #3 into the "Gift Email Address" field in the Screen/Step #5 - Order Confirmation screen before you press Place Order. The next Certificate/Code would be sent to this Email #3 and you would hold it in this email for up to a year (until it expires). And, occasionally post in that thread that you are still holding the code, and to PM for it.

-Again, I believe theoretically you can use Email #2 for both Receiving the Bundle Certificates/Codes and Holding the next Certificates/Codes, though I use Email #2 and Email #3, respectively. My Issue about using the same Email for both receiving Bundle codes and Holding bundle codes is that it seems like Baen could trace these back to the same person, i.e. Certificate used by Person registered at Email #1, uses a Code from Email #2, then Gifts next Code back to Email #2. I'm not saying they would have a problem with this or that it wouldn't work, but maybe down the line they might? Not sure, so I just use an Email #3 for holding codes only.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote