View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Oh, great. "Dishonest" is harsh, so you've changed it to "not being honest." That'll move a discussion along.

You're obviously an all-or-nothing type of guy. Others are more risk-averse, perhaps, and prefer to get some or most of what they'd like more of the time. It's a difference of style, not morality. It's highly judgmental and intolerant to ascribe honesty to one's own decision-making style and dishonesty to the method others use.

Honesty has nothing to do with it. Nowhere is it said or implied that by voting, you undertake to pick your single highest preference, and that's assuming you'd have one (I know I'd be equally happy with at least three of the nominees). That's a projection you're making and as I said, I suspect it's because you think your own ends will be better served if others act in that manner.
What I meant is that by not voting for what you want most because of someone else's vote or number of votes then you are not being honest to yourself by not voting for the book you want most.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote