View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This was a re-read for me (though last time was audio)...but I love visiting old friends. I've read much of this series and enjoy the characters immensely, especially with the spice of mystery thrown into the mix. With the setting in Egypt...the story is a win for me.

Lol...never thought about Scooby and the Gang...but, yes...can see it now!

Interestingly...I'm reading the latest Mercedes Lackey novel, Home from the Sea, and I swear there was a reference to Amelia Peabody and gang when describing some travel in Egypt. The description fit exactly, including reference to her amazing parasol!

The Peabody book also sent me on a Google search for images of "Rational Dress"...especially since it wasn't bloomers (though she wanted some made) or the simple divided skirts often used in the era. Not sure of all the bonafides, but for a quick walk through clothing of the era, it will do. http://www.fashion-era.com/rational_dress.htm

Just as an aside, for those interested in the rest of the series, go for it! They are fun, fast reads and well worth the time. The audiobook of the first was well done, though the others I've read in print. My teenage son really enjoyed the bits he was forced to listen to in the car--now that's a recommendation.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote