Thread: transfer
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladie View Post
How can I transfer my Calibre library?
I bought a Sony to my doughter and I want to give her some books...
Assuming that these books are public domain...
1) You could just copy the Entire Library folder. She can place it into its own location.
Never use the OS copy to paste pooks from on Library Folder into another
Each user can have more than one Library. Just use the Create/Switch option on the Library icon the first time. the new library name will become available in the Quick switch list.

There are books you don't want to /can't share
2) Create a new Library (Create Switch). Then Switch back to the current library.
Select the books you want to share: Right click: Copy to Library. Then do #1 on that library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote