View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Please, ask further questions in the ATK thread. That's where these matters should be discussed.

Using the 650MB image (mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip) with the address 0x003c1000 sounds about right. Don't forget to unzip it before using it. It must be named with a filename extension ".bin" for ATK, I think.

I'm not sure (didn't check) in how the links in the pastebin differ. However, the mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip file is *not* a kernel, but rather a rootfs, I think. But you can tell from the size, a kernel is about 2-3 MB, while the root fs is about 650MB. Flashing will take about 1.5 hours, maybe a bit more.

If you ever flashed anything to a different location, please tell about such mistakes, since they will break other stuff. All is recoverable, but only if we know what's going on.

To force you to write to the other thread, I will not answer ATK/flashing specific info in this thread anymore. I'm not a personal support hotline, and the information provided by me is meant for everyone, so let's not bury it in a thread about an individual problem. Continue here: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183147
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote