View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
I think too it will become easier, but there needs to be a much more open standard that is accepted by all ebook readers. Shoot, having the books in some secure XML format that can be downloaded to any reader, but unlocked only from that reader's 'store' seems like teh best solution to me. Its one less step that everyone would have to deal with, and a signifiant one.

The power issue is going to be an issue unless OLED, fuel cells, or something better comes that makes 12+ hr runtimes the norm.

I agree also with the point that ebooks have to offer something 'different' but familiar for them to catch on here in the US. People just in general dont want to be bothered with tech (I blame laziness) and so it has to appear simple and seemless to those folks while offering something better than War and Peace's thick sidewalls and compelling typeface.
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote