View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #239
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Not resizing at all is not a "solution" - it solves neither of the two reasons which I clearly stated as to why calibre resizes images. Not resizing is a possible "option" I may consider one day but it is not a "solution" to anything.
It is a solution. It is THE solution. I don't want tiny cover images. I want cover images that if originally large enough, I get future compatibility with. Let's say that high resolution eink panels where to replace the ones we have now so that instead of 800x600, the resolution becomes 1024x768. The cover images then would be too small and have to be sized UP. That would not look as good as being sized down. What you are doing is limiting us on the size of the cover when we don't need to be. Futre devices (IMHO) will have higher resolution be it larger scree eink reader or ones with a high resolution screen or be it a tablet.

Buy resizing the image, you make the being able to change/add in a cover image useless.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote