View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623
I know nothing about how to create a widget. Looking at calc.wdg and calc.app on the device shows them to be different in size, so I doubt you can just use an app for a widget. The widgets also aren't set to be executable in the filesystem, so I would guess that they are loaded into the main screen application and run inside there. They link against /ebrmain/lib/libwidget.so, which the regular apps don't do, so they are built in a different way. Finally, apps generally use the full screen, so I would guess they wouldn't work as widgets, even if they ran.

So, I would say that creating widgets is quite different from creating apps.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote