View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
itīs not so tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
geekmaster ,

For the moment working with the framebuffer is bit to raw for me ... lol

I canīt do much with anything RAW thatīs not a DSLR ... hehehehe ...

Seems for this Iīll have to wait some more

But thanks anyway and letīs wait for someone who can work this out for mortals ...

See ya !!
You should check the link itīs pretty easy

mkdir ~/GIT
cd ~/GIT
git clone git://github.com/dpavlin/k3libre.git
(if you dont have it sudo apt-get install git) then repeat the last step

output:
Code:
twobob@dev ~/GIT $ ls
k3libre
cd k3libre

now nano ~/GIT/k3libre/pdf2fb.sh

and edit the line

Code:
./pgm2fb.pl page-$page.pgm | nc 192.168.x.xxx 8888 || true
putting your kindles IP where the Xīs are.

and do the same for ~/GIT/k3libre/ssh-screenshot.sh

and edit the lines

Code:
landscape=`ssh root@192.168.x.xxx cat /sys/module/eink_fb_hal_broads/parameters/bs_orientation`

and ssh root@192.168.x.xxx dd if=/dev/fb0 > $name.fb
with the same info.

Couple of caveats,

You will need the access via SSH working to the kindle.

You will need to know the kindles IP in advance, a fixed one in the router is not a bad idea.

Usage: ssh-screenshot.sh

This is from memory, Iīll go check my facts. EDIT: Yep just did this from a virgin install.
Unsure if I had to copy anything to kindle but a quick look at the code seem to indicate an nc call and an eink call, which are both native.

Hope this helps someone.

SIDE NOTE:
I edited my /etc/hosts to simply contain 192.168.x.xx k (this is actually what the OP has set up on the dev box) this is also helpful and you can replace all the ugly IPś with k

One more point. A link to the script is also handy I made one called kss for kindle screenshot.

Looking through the stuff in the REPO you can trigger this via launchpad amongst other functions but this should get you going.

It generally fires up ImageMagick or similar to handle the file, you save it yourself.

EDIT: ADDED XTRA PIC
This is on a kindle 3 Keyboard, I don't have the drawing app Iīm afraid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demo.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	89626   Click image for larger version

Name:	output.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	89629  

Last edited by twobob; 07-23-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: added itś been tested as working. ADDED XTRA PIC AND KINDLE DEETS
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote