Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #59
Haesslich
Evangelist
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The battery usage stats say that the display (backlight?) consumed 87% of the energy usage. It is on automatic brightness, used inside so it is not very bright. Wifi is on most of the time though. You cannot expect a light-emitting display to have a battery charge that lasts like on an eink device.
I've got an iPad, and I've used the Acer A100, Kobo Vox, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus - I know what the battery lives tend to be like. The Acer A100 was one of the worst offenders, pre-ICS - then again, it's got a battery more suitable for a phone than a tablet. My main concern is background processes; on the Galaxy Nexus I have, for example, Maps has a Keep Awake time of 1-2 hours after 8 hours, with GPS being on for 40 minutes, and WiFi access for about as long as the Keep Awake.

I suspect that's Google Now's fault - and that may be why the XDA Nexus 7 forum has had quite a few threads about battery life. That, and the weird auto-brightness behavior; even at 10%, I find most of these screens adequate for inside use, as long as it's not TOO bright outside (think 500-1500 lux).
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote