View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Where to find old catalogs for reference?

I'm working on a novel set in the 1920s. I've come up with a bunch of notes derived from novels written then and travel guides that I can find, but they don't really touch on things like clothing and other consumer items.

I was looking for a Sears Catalog from that era, or the British equivalent (Herrod's?), but all I could find on the Internet Archive is this

http://archive.org/details/eatons19202100eatouoft

Which is a 1920-1921 Eaton's Winter Catalog. It's almost exactly what i wanted, except it's Canadian. Which is very close, but not quite
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote