View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
kipling
kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Willing to answer questions of publishing - small press, big-six, and big-six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Rosalie, you can self-publish/upload a Word Doc directly to the Kindle publishing system. That's what I've done with mine. When you do you can preview it to make sure the format is correct before releasing it for sale. My only issues were getting the front and back matter right (copyright page, table of contents, acknowledgements, about author, etc.) Ton of info here: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin
Hi everybody who as put good advice on this thread, last Sunday I was ready to call it a day. However I slept on it and have now moved forward, I had tried the way you are saying Kenny to many issues or me, I read through more posts than I care to remember and found an email address in another post on another forum. I'm a sucker or emails you can really find gems, anyway this one was a lifesaver. The email gave me directions in writing and shows how it should look each step of the way 8 steps in all

I'd heard about Sigil and Calibre two bits of FREE software, Sigil to turned my word doc into epub took me a full day because had 34 chapters to redo indents, bold, and the toc which was done in one click and placed my pictures all 23 of them looks great. I've made extra copies just in case of an accident when I take it across to Calibre tomorrow it will be then a mobi and they say it should be easy to put onto kindle.

Had a practice and it looks OK that's was before the pictures where added
hopefully they will not create a problem. Anyway hopefully will be back tomorrow to let you know how I've got on.

If anybody thinks the email address would help them let me know, send me a pm and I'll send you it and you'll be able to get them to send you the course.

Once again thanks for all your help and advice, will be back with good news with luck.

Rosalie
kipling is offline   Reply With Quote