View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisanborn View Post
When I had both my PCs' PIDs and my Kindle PID on my Overdrive (e-library) account, I couldn't get kindlefix to work. When I removed both PC PIDs from Overdrive and only kept my Kindle PID on it, I got it to work on my home computer. I haven't tried it yet on my work computer, but was hoping I wouldn't have to run kindlepid.py on my work computer and get a different Kindle PID to post on Overdrive.
Ah... no, given a certain Kindle s/n kindlepid.py will always result in the same PID no matter what PC you run it on.

Perhaps Kindlefix.py has only been tested with a file encrypted with a single PID. Perhaps Igorsky will chime in here and correct me though.

Do you have to run Kindle fix? I heard that if you buy from Fictionwise you didn't even need to run it.

BOb