View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Today I received a message from Aileen, PR for SimplyAudiobooks.com who wanted to make sure that I mention them in this article. Of course, I didn't even look to see who else was in this market when I mentioned the Kitabe link. Evidently there are a number of small competitors in this niche including Jiggerbug, Booksfree, and AudioDiversions to name a few others that come up on the first page of a search. It would be interesting to see how their catalogs differ.

Audible.com is still a dominant force with a very large catalog, but there are apparently enough people who do not like the DRM of Audible and would prefer the actual disks. The Netflix model is a good one for audiobooks and I would love to see these companies succeed. Now who is going to make the Teaching Company lectures available to rent?