Thread: SOD FIXED
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #16
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJSmith View Post
I did some googling and could not find Java that runs on android. What I did find is http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mobile.xml
It says:

Quote:
How do I get Java for Mobile?
Java capability for mobile devices is generally integrated by the device manufacturers. It is NOT available for download or installation by consumers. You need to check with your device manufacturer about availability of this technology in your device.
Looking at the settings for my Vox browser, one of them is "Enable Java". I just noticed that yesterday when checking the settings because it wasn't working properly and I found I'd accidentally unchecked it. Obviously, Java capability is integrated in the Vox and you don't have to do anything, just enable it.

I know on my PC I occasionally get prompted to update to the latest Java, but it makes no difference whether I update it or not. It's just another ploy to try and foist an unwanted toolbar on me if I'm not careful or spam me with unwanted software.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote