View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Assorted Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can hear the criticisms now: predictable and hopelessly clichéd. And I agree. As a whodunit, it failed miserably;
Yep, I was going to say something along those lines. In many ways it was a bit like reading Nancy Drew (I read pretty much all of them once upon a time many many moons ago...).
It felt more like a romance book spiced up with crime/mystery (as so many Harlequin paperbacks) than a crime/mystery book.
Does this mean I didn't like it? Nope!
It was way more well written than most of those "romance books spiced up with a crime" and I really enjoyed the way it was written. It kept me smiling quite a lot. An easy, enjoyable summer read.
I can't say I felt any desire to read any more books in the series. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. As I said it kept me smiling, and sometimes that is all I need from a book!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote