View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #32
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I don't think a screen smaller than the iLiad would work very well for manga, which is very popular with younger readers right now. But I admit I haven't tried it on a 6" screen, because I don't have one. There is that CBZ/LRF converter, so I guess enough people are willing to try it that I may be completely wrong on this... anyone care to share their experiences?
From experience, its both size and greyscale that matters. Looking at, for example, some of the NBC Heroes graphic novels (okay, not manga, but close-ish) they look really good on the iLiad, but more than a little poor on the smaller screens. Some of this is the size -- but I suspect that some of this could be sorted by a different panel arrangement. However the greyscale limits seems to be a significant impact. I'm guessing this is the same reason that most of the Kindle newspapers don't include photos.

On the basis of this, I'd seriously hope the display of v2 (if/when it happens) is at least *able* to do 16-greyscales (even if it doesn't do it most of the time).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote