View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Calibre is good for a lot of things, but I wouldn't use it for creating an original book. I use an HTML design app called Dreamweaver to create my HTML files. Then like you do I use Sigil to manage these files and to compile them into an ePub. I don't feed the ePub directly into KindleGen though, instead I unzip the ePub, tweak the OPF file a bit, then feed the OPF file into KindleGen.

For covers I typically use a 600 x 800 px image saved at 300 dpi. I realize that is smaller than some device screens like the new Kindle Fire, but it seems to work fine.

EDIT: The Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines recommends covers be 600 x 800 px (p. 10) and that images be saved at 300 dpi resolution (p. 14).

Last edited by jswinden; 07-17-2012 at 01:57 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote