View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #360
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Sensation 4G (KK), Nexus 7b (KK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Are you sure about that.
Yes, almost 100%. I sincerely doubt if they do IP packet inspection, and I am not even sure if that would give anything away. Sometimes I just terminate packets on my phone and other times I pass them on through the WiFi connection, so it would take some pretty intrusive packet inspection to detect the routing, I would think? Anyway, it has not been a problem for the last couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I wondered a bit about that because if you as a tourist buy this T-mobile sim card for $50 I think the contract says that you are not allowed to use it as a hot spot but of course it works to do it at least if you have an European phone.
I do have a European phone, but a USA T-Mobile phone would be better considering the goofy radio frequencies T-Mobile uses in the USA. In the USA I am usually stuck with EDGE because of that. Of course, the T-Mobile Android system would have to be removed and replaced with one of XDA or other Android systems to take Advantage of Androids built-in hot spot capability.
Dave_S is online now   Reply With Quote