Thread: Worst Book
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #92
spindlegirl
Grand Scheme of Things
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (Black), K4, Moonreader pro on my LG Nexus 4 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
It's sad when that happens - I don't support the general dumbing down'of education that's happened over the past few decades, but something that's too challenging can result in exactly this dislike. I would encourage you to watch an adaptation, though - it really is a wonderful story, and I often find that a film can help people understand a book because the characters are more real to them. I prefer the Ronald Colman version, but the later version with Dirk Bogarde is more true to the book.
I didn't start appreciating the classics until I was in my 30s. I was hospital bound while pregnant with my daughter, and in walks my husband with "Pride and Prejudice" . He sat at the foot of my bed and started reading to me aloud. From then on I wondered what else I had been missing out on (and what other things out there school had given me a bad taste) and have found several classics I now adore.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote