View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #158
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
OK, that is the setup I outlined, yes. I have a hard time imagining what's wrong with x2vnc. When you move the mouse cursor "out of" the main screen, it should appear on the VNC-exported X server, and keyboard input should be forwarded to that server. More than one client on a VNC server is possible, though some need special configuration (flag "-alwaysshared") in order to work that way. x2vnc does _NOT_ forward anything but the input devices, though. So I'm not sure what you mean at that point. This is why I outlined a method that would start a new, separate X server running a new, separate window manager (openbox in the example). You can not just "move applications" from one X server to the other.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote