I finished re-writing the first half of my second book (noted earlier), and editing the second half to fit in with the subtle changes. AND I've had my first reaction to those changes - very positive! Yippee!!! It turned out to be much less of a problem than I was expecting/dreading. I was able to retain a lot of what I had before, just altered the way it was presented: re-arranged, re-timed and nibbled back a bit. Which is how I managed to get it done in only a month (well, that, and ignoring the work I actually get paid for - or would if I had been doing it ... speaking of which, that's what I should be doing now).
Next up: The next two books in the series. One is perhaps two thirds done, though I am still not sure if that one will be published (it's a back-story sort of thing). The other, hopefully final, book in the series is going to be a big challenge, I just hope I'm up to it.