View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Best Compliments and Silliest Bashings Ever?

So, what are some of the best compliments you guys have ever had on a book, or even the silliest negative comment? My best comes from a lady who read my Oort Perimeter three years ago. She said, "I hate you! The book was so good I couldn't put it down!" Second best is probably the snobby lady that came up to me at a book signing and said, "If I don't like it within one page, I won't buy it!" Four pages later she throws me a $20 and says, "Sign it. I can't put it down."

Now, for my silliest bashing ever, this one comes from an Amazon comment. The guy said he liked the book except for the fact that lizards can't purse their lips. Um, it's a sci-fi. You can do just about anything. Second silliest has to come from a guy who hated one of my short story anthologies simply because he hated ferrets.

So, what are some of the best or silliest compliments or bashings you've ever gotten on your books?
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote