View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
Whereas I, seeing this form of cut on books, jump to the conclusion that the book is cheaply made. I never once considered they did that on purpose. I'm one of those people that would have complained. Hearing the explanation wouldn't make me feel better about it. I'd probably return the book.
I likewise, would be turned off a book by the pages in that form. I know it's supposed to be an antiquey "art form", but I've borrowed books that were bound that way and could not stand reading, often returning them before I finished the book. Same thing in a bookstore. I rarely pick up a book if that is the only format it is offered in.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote