View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #27
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
The thing that some of us have to try to understand is that some customers see this marketing drive as an improved experience. They want recommendations. They want social networking. They want reading life.
Exactly!

I have absolutely no interest in reading life or facebook. I don't want a clock on my Kobo or a dictonary. But I do know that some or all of these things are very important to other people.
Why should the fact that I don't want them mean that nobody else can have them either?

I actually like looking at the recommendations on the website!! (Now I feel like I have confessed to a serious crime!) As I don't purchase directly from my Kobo I don't want them on my Kobo but I expect that someone who does purchase directly on their Kobo would think that the recommendations (or advertising as others are calling it) would be beneficial.

We are all different and want slightly different things from our Kobos. I think it would be great if we could show or hide the features that we all value.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote