Right. Vsync. Threads. Yep this was never about showing it working. Simply about making sound and vision together before I got in bed.
: ) Thanks for your great and as always sage feedback.
EDIT: Updated the above code and forwarded via PM.
Running this code now WITHOUT a stdin stream produces less than 1% use on K3
TODO: Unified format - striped in some way to be determined.
Settle on an audio format (or make it dynamically determine format of audio (or fix this) / channel count / rate etc. and setup the buffer skips accordingly.)
Look into Timestamped/timeindexed data stream and maybe locking via mtuex all protected stream info
Replace stdin and Zcat Zcat uses about 7% of sys resources at the moment. that will be a nice saving assuming the internal de/compression aces that for performance.
Try threading audio rather than callback (although audio is now pretty solid), add some thread efficiency monitoring code.
Look into suspending audio buffers and providing << >> |>  ["] Transport options.
Add a GUI. Nice to have
Last edited by twobob; 07-14-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Reason: added that I updated the code, added TODO list