Originally Posted by pookakitten
Question on how the rename script works. Here's my scenario since I read manga as groups translate each chapter.
- A chapter or so on the kindle already, properly numbered.
- Add new chapter (plus old chapter to get order correct) to kindle.
- Run rename script.
OK, so in that scenario, how does the rename script handle preexisting files in the directory?
Thanks. And yes, "what if" was one of my favorite games as a child.
Rename script works like this:
- make a list of every folder containing images in /documents/Gallery/
- check a folder at a time
- sort files inside folder
- if first image has 0 as name, skip folder
- otherwise, it renames files
So....if you add images to a folder with already renamed files, those images won't be renamed as the script finds 0 as first file and it skips the folder.