View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #20
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I can't really comment on the Nook, but I believe that one has the option to ignore the defined formatting in a book. No matter what you do there, but as soon as it is overruled by the reader, you lost it.
I have never dealt with the Nook either, but I guess you can do some things about this. You can use standard tags when possible. With proper CSS styling these two codes should look exactly the same (when the styles are not ignored):

Code:
<blockquote>
<p>Dear Mr. Jones,</p>
<p>I'm using some <em>italic</em> text.</p>
</blockquote>
Code:
<div class="blockquote first">Dear Mr. Jones,</div>
<div class="blockquote last">I'm using some <span class="italic">italic</span> text.</div>
But, when the styles are ignored, chances are the first code will be displayed much more nicely than the second. That is, assuming some default styling is used anyway (like browsers do).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote