View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasana_atreya View Post
Hi,

I have an older version of kindle. I've found it useful to transfer files from my PC to the Kindle using the USB port.

I'd like to be able to do the same on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab (icecream sandwich) 8GB. I'm a writer so I often convert my work-in-progress to kindle compatible file using Calibre. That is readable. But if I download books from Amazon and try to do the same, I get the message:

"Invalid Item

Please remove the item from your device and go to Archived items to download it again."

Is this a file format issue mobi vs. prc vs. azw (no clue about the difference).
What do you mean when you say that you "download books from Amazon and try to do the same"? You can't download Kindle books for one device and transfer them to another; if you want to download books from Amazon you should do so from the Kindle App on your tablet.

(There are other ways of doing it, but let's stay clear of issues of DRM removal, etc - that's just complicating the matter.)
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote