View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
The back of the reader is a metal sheet.
Theoretically they should reflect more light, when light is shone upon them.
A white background, will still look a bit grey in a darker environment, and will not reflect as much light as a metal background. Plus, when reading it in sunlight, the white might be too bright for your eyes!

I would also believe that the metallic substrate is part of the LCD display. Removing it would probably damage the screen. But I've never opened it to verify.
Know, that because of the LCD technology, you'll never have as bright of a background as paper, or even e-ink, even if you would be able to do the mod!
I have opened lcd displays of toys,and phones.took them apart and it is usually a reflector strip at the back.

the aluratek has a particularly hideous green backing.

have you seen it?

i cannot understand which retarded designer would do something so stupid as in more recent models they have made it white.

in more recent models it seems white!

look and compare here:-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...og&sa=N&tab=wi

if you take it away you have transparent panel with black numbers on the screen.

the lcd screen has black writing but is ruined by the dark green backing.

Last edited by vugtitan; 07-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote