View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
cms
cms began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook 622 vs. Boox i62

I have been doing some research in e-readers lately and have narrowed down my choice to the PB Touch 622 and the Boox i62. Altough ultimately I'm looking for a large-scale display, the current devices on the market (PB912, Boox m92, Ectaco Jetbook etc.) just don't seem to work smooth and intuitive for my taste, yet (judging from review videos). So, the two mentioned ones above are the best compromise for me right now.

For my final decision criterion, I'd actually had to test both readers myself which is pretty hard to do due the limited availability in retail stores. So I hope to get some feedback via this forum.

I love taking notes while reading. Underlining/Highlighting text, small annotations and references. And I want this to work as smooth, quick and flawlessly as possible, without the need to open different menus and make selections. That functionality should always be open while reading. Just like on paper!

Some reviews on the PB622 mention that it would be the first reader to use a capacitive screen (which other reviews denied) while the i62 is said to have a infrared touch screen. What's the difference and how does it affect note-taking? Thanks.

Last edited by cms; 07-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.
cms is offline   Reply With Quote