Originally Posted by benhofb
- The device freezes whenever I insert my SD card (even my empty one).
- For some insight, I have a 4GB "Gigaware" 2 Class SDHC here from radio shack. I just formated the card and everything, yet it still isn't working.
- When I read a book and hit the "Back" key, the device freezes for a second and then takes me all the way to the home screen. Oddly enough, the cursor keeps going to the "Sign Into Google Ebooks thing".
- EDIT: Now when I hop out of a book, it freezes. It keeps saying I was last reading the "Story HD User Guide"
Those could be bookDB related. Try deleting the bookDB.* files in the system folder.
- Whenever I reset the device by holding the off/on slider, it does reset the device, but the blasted thing changes the time and date as well.
- I have disabled the wifi after my updates as well.
The time resetting is a known problem - it syncs the time when you connect to the internet though.
So I suggest you sync the time first and then delete the bookDB.* files and then see if it works better or not.
Did you put a lot of books in internal memory? It may cause problems if it's full. I suggest you put all books on SD card instead, if possible.