View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
you are one amazing lady.
Eh, I'm better with animals and electronics than with people. But, thanks for thinking so highly of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
she looks like she's much happier now. i'm glad you saved her. and she's a very beautiful cat.

hee, funny ; my own cat just jumped on my lap while i was looking at the photo ; when you zoom it's approximately actual cat size, and when she saw it she stared at it, bobbing her head around trying to see if it was really a cat. she was completely fascinated, she even climbed (very cautiously) halfway onto the desk, to get a closer look. i think she was hoping to make a new feline friend.
Someone sent me a video of two cats mating some years back. My cats Gordon and Madison were on my desk when it came in. They watched it very intently, and then, even though both of them were neutered as kittens, they started trying out the technique.

A few of them are big fans of the Animal Planet channel. I would pay the big bucks to really know what goes on in those little minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Reminds me of when we got our cat, Chloe, but without the "attacking visitors" part. She was a save from the pound, we think part of a big family, and had to fight for every scrap of food she got. Even today, 15 years later, she still wolfs down her food like it won't be there much longer.

She's big... almost 15 pounds. But she's always been a docile cat, leery of strangers (until you feed her!), and not fond of being handled until she knows you.

I think of Pshrynk's avatar, and I just picture Chloe hiding under the bed until Pshrynk was outta ammo. Then going off to see if there's anything to eat.
She looks a lot like my Gordon. Beautiful Russian blue type cat.

Saving Morgan was a bit of an adventure. A friend (from the internet) in North Carolina knew that she was being mistreated and wanted legal advice, so she emailed me. Her former family kept her in a closet sized room, since that was the only way they could "control" her. The only thing I could think of was just to fly from California to North Carolina and bring her home with me. Next thing I knew, I had another cat ... a screeching, biting, but very pretty, cat.

It's almost funny, because it's not like she immediately starts hissing at guests ... or even that she runs at them. She actually sits there looking like "I'm so cute ... don't you just want to pet me??" She waits until a person's hand is poised right above her head and then ... WHAMMO ... the biting and shredding begins.

Last time she had to go to the vet (she's about 16 years old now and we think she's got kidney stones), I went by to visit her. As is usual for me, I just sort of walked into the back of the vet clinic where the cages are, unlocked hers and started cuddling and kissing her. Then, I noticed that everyone in that area was just staring at us like we were the strangest thing they had ever seen. Doctor Polly just laughed and said "Don't mind us, we're just amazed to see her when she's not trying to kill someone." Then one of the techs asked if it would be ok if she cleaned Morgan's cage while I had her.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote