View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #236
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
For me it is like reducing the size of a milk carton from a quart to 0.9 quart for the same price. And people's response being: "oh, that is enough for me. If I have more I will get too fat, anyway."
My favorite was the ice cream vanishing act. Original size was a half gallon or 64 ounces. Then one day, it was 56 oz. We lost 8 oz. The rectangular carton didn't look any different than before - same length and same height. After all, that's all you see when it's displayed. But the sneaky manufacturers made it thinner. You don't see this dimension when it's displayed. Now we had 56 oz selling for the same price as 64 oz. How many shoppers noticed this?

Then later on, another 8 oz were shaved off and we had 48 oz selling at the 56 oz price. Anyone notice this? Again, the cartons got thinner. Displays looked the same. In total, consumers took a 25% hit on ice cream, as it went from 4 pints to 3 pints.

Don't you just love sneaky price hikes?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote