View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #359
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
@odinokij - welcome to MobileRead.

At the moment this plugin only has one special case handling for PDF formats - in all other cases it will attempt to convert to epub and then estimate counts based on that. I can appreciate how for CBR or CBZ formats another special exemption could be made using a rule like you mention to just count the image files. I don't have any CBR/CBZ myself and no-one else has mentioned it which is why it hasn't happened as yet.

I guess the only other complication around that which comes to mind is what would happen if you had configured other statistics like counting words or the readability. I think in this case those statistics should be skipped completely and only counting pages should be possible on CBR/CBZ.

I will take a look as part of the next release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote