Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #74
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Gotta say - the removal of the shortlists from the bottom definitely had a huge impact on me.
Overall it looks clean but before I could click on any book really easily.

I had a picture saved on my Shortlist as my favourite item which was just my "screen saver" so to speak and had all my contact details on the picture.
Just before I turned it off I could then go to the home screen and instantly click this picture and shut it off and have this image as my Displaying image so that if I lost the device at least I potentially had some hope of getting it back if an honest person found it and could then call or e-mail me back to return it.

With the new setup this is just far too many clicks and time consuming a process to do now every time I want to turn it off.

I REALLY think the bottom row should have stayed and they instead should just have added an option to let us choose which shelf was displayed here.

Also, there's still no "series" management in the device unless I want to make a new shelf for each and every series I have - REALLY big limitation in my opinion (might be biased by the fact that 85% of the books i read are series!)

VERY glad to see the dev's are still working on the device a lot though and adding features and improving it.
I hope they continue doing this for some time.
nila is offline   Reply With Quote