View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
I thought my Eglish was bad...

I am reading some documentation from a vendor that is trying to do business with us. Top give you an idea of the intend audience for this document, I work at a university with 95k students. This vendor is trying to get in to do business with us. In their docs they have jewels like:

Quote:
libreoffice.org, openoffice.org respectively. Are both open-source office application suite;include spreadsheet and word processing applications.
Yes that is complete text, starts the new sentence with the lower case "l" and carries on.

Quote:
The default checkout center and organization named, "<company name>-- (administered by <company name>))" which translated means - the Checkout Center named ' <company name>' and managed by the ' <company name> 'Organization.
I removed the company name and replaced it with "<company name>" to protect the not so innocent. The rest is exactly as printed.

And then there is this sentence that gives the reason to import data:

Quote:
For the puropse of created new data or correcting/changing previously entered data.
And one more jewel for your reading pleasure...

Quote:
You can relocate relocating the resources to an 'offline' checkout center-the resource-id history will follow the reallocated resource.
I can understand a minor typo or two in a decent sized document, but if you are sending a document to a potential client, that you hope to make a big chunk cash from for an extended contract... at least higher a burger-flipping English grad student to edit it. Sheesh!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote