View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #217
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujokan View Post
Re. DRM I hope that DRM-free experiments like the Tor Books one become more popular. The ideal situation is like with the Humble Bundle indie games pack, where you pay what you consider fair and there is no DRM. This is actually very profitable but the scale is smaller. Also the audience has a bit more "civic responsibility" than the mass public. Would you make as much money releasing "Harry Potter" using that scheme as you do through a DRM edition? We don't really know but many would have doubts.
It's hard to say. I don't have any pirated editions of the Harry Potter books. DRM is not what has stopped me. If I wanted them, I would have them. I don't want pirated editions. Unfortunately, I cannot extrapolate from me to the general public.

DRM hassles do not make me support piracy. They do make me not support publishers.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote