View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #76
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Samsung Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoiattolo49 View Post
Even if the "synch whell" is greyed out, the synch works flawlessly (if you have followed carefully the instructions).In fact it's normal that the "synch whell" is greyed out for books not purchased from Amazon... not sure why since the synch works.

Just go to the app's home screen and "pull down" the screen for manually initiate a synch.
It does seem to work but only one way, i.e. Kindle for iPad will *read* the last read position from Kindle for Android but it won't upload the last read position. I'm not sure though.

BTW. It is possible to activate the greyed out sync button. But this requires an extra step which is editing the SQLite Database File in \Kindle\Library\Preferences\BookData.sqlite. You need to browse the ZBOOK table and edit your book's record by changing its ZRAWISARCHIVABLE value from "0" to "1".

SQLite Database Browser will help: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/.

Somehow by playing with the database file I seem to managed to transfer highlights from Android to iPad but not the other way around.

UPDATE:

Both notes and highlights get transferred from Android to iPad when you delete the BookData.sqlite from iPad and let the Kindle app recreate it.

UPDATE:

I noticed that to transfer Kindle notes and highlights from a sideloaded ebook from another device (i.e. Android) to iPad you just need to add or remove one of your books from the library. This seems to update the database making the notes and highlights transferred.

Last edited by owl123; 07-06-2012 at 05:51 AM.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote