View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It all works extremely well - rather impressive, in fact. It's a real shame that the Nexus apparently won't support USB sticks, because I think that's where this facility is most useful. Probably good for Samsung (and other manufacturers who do support them) that it doesn't!
OTG has been around since Android v2.2 and I can't see why Google would disable it in v4.1. The Nexus 7 Guidebook says that keyboards, mice and other devices are supported with the addition of a USB adapter.

Of course it is possible that OTG has been partially disabled, but for the life of me I can't see why. I don't think I would put too much credence in a single blogger to have the final word on the matter. None of the first tier reviewers have mention it.

I have a Nexus 7 on order so I guess we will know, with certainty, in a couple of weeks.

Regards - John

P.S. I got this USB adapter for my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EPL-1P...ng+usb+adapter
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote