View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T1
Which edition of Shakespeare's plays?

The BBC are on a Shakespeare kick at the moment, and last Saturday showed the first in their "The Hollow Crown" series, filmed adaptations of four of Shakespeare’s best-loved history plays (Richard II, Henry IV parts I & 2 and Henry V).

Their adaptation of Richard II was really marvelous, and I decided I'd pop those four plays into a nicely formatted epub and read them over the coming month, and add said pretty collection into the epub library here

BUT.... there are so many editions! Gutenberg has four versions of Richard II alone, and another in the "complete" collection... and according to wiki the most complete version of Richard II is in The First Folio... but the Gutenberg editions don't seem to list whether the source is Quarto, Folio or an amalgamation...

So... Which of the various (public domain ) online versions do you recommend I use as my source for the four plays?

EDIT: Oops, I posted this in "Workshop" instead of "Upload Help". Mods, if you could move this thread to the appropriate forum that'd be awesome *facepalm*

Last edited by Hatgirl; 07-02-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote