View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Mini,Sony T1, Galaxy Tab 10.1,Samsung S2 phone,iPod Touch
I've got Navigon which is a "for purchase" GPS navigator by Garmin. Well worth it, they have a North American version and a Europe version. It allows you to download the specific countries that you need (now or later) and gives excellent directions. It's really great having the directions (in what they call 3D) with text to speech on a tablet instead of a smartphone or GPS unit! I have gotten a car holder for mine, rather big I know..... but I can actually see my directions without my reading glasses which I can't wear for driving!

EDIT: In the Google Navigation app, if you go to Help, it does say you need to have a data connection so I purchased my GPS app because my tablet is wifi only....It also appears to load the maps through the data as you go from what it says about data cost.
From the help:
Data and cost

Google Maps for mobile requires an active data connection at all times. Before you download it, we recommend that you contact your mobile service provider to find out more about the data plans it offers. An unlimited data plan is strongly recommended as continuous Maps usage will use a lot of data.
Note: While Google Maps for mobile is unsupported for use with a WiFi (wireless network) connection alone, it may work for certain devices. We strongly encourage having a mobile data plan with your mobile service provider in order to use Google Maps on your phone.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 07-02-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote