View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #274
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfold View Post
11. A more difficult-to-implement request but it would be super-useful. You may work mostly with recent articles with perfect layouts. I often need Briss to fix old books scanned from photocopies that don't always align well. It is very difficult with a long document, such as a book, to identify the page(s) that are not aligned properly. If I have a 200 pg. book and in the merged preview I need to find out what page is causing a problem, I have to open in Acrobat and search through. When I find it, I have to exclude the page by hand, save, open in Briss, etc. you get the idea. And I don't always guess correctly. It would be very helpful to figure out a way to make this process easier. One way would be to have a 'show single page' checkbox with forward/back arrows next to the merged preview, and a box showing which page is being previewed. When you come to a page that doesn't align, allow the user to mark it or allow the user to re-position the box on that one page only right then and there.

Thanks for considering these changes! You have saved me many dozens of hours of painful copy-paste work in Acrobat!
PDF Scissors can do this:

"It is impressive - first it scans all pages and overlays them graphically on top of each other - that way you can easily find optimal cropping size. You can preview your cropping by going through each page and adjust.

It's a java App, probably runs on all platforms. Brilliant for quick croppings!"
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote