Originally Posted by blue_skies
I don't know much about coding, but it looks like it's putting everything into cells.
Maybe I'll give RTF another try. When I first got the scanner, I tried saving in RTF, but that saved really weird too. And I use open office and even though OO is default on my computer for opening .doc files, when I tried to save to .doc, it kept opening my Microsoft office trial.
It does look like its putting everything into tables or text boxes.
Have you tried opening the html files in Open Office. I haven't used it in a long time, but Word has an option to drop text out of boxes. OO may have a similar function or some other way to strip that formatting out.
If that fails, you could save the file to rtf. Open that in OO. If no lines show up save as html. Then import that into Sigil.
Of course, by now you've probably given up the rat race and moved to a beach in Tahiti.